Tuesday, April 19, 2011

quote 4.19.11

Yes, two posts in one day.  Things have been a bit crazy around here.  We've been busy the past week and J-bug has had a bit of a cold so I guess the ideas have piled up a bit.
A couple weeks ago at my church's mom's group, the question of having a "life verse" was thrown out.  I'm not sure that I have one, or did.  I've been thinking a lot about this.  There are of course a few verses that I have filed away in my brain.  But a life verse to live by, to always retreat to - I'm not sure I have one of those.  I'm also not sure that a bible verse is considered a quote, but it's close enough for me.
One that touches me, that a musician at church wrote music to, is from John 14.  I have been pondering over claiming this one as my life verse, or at least one of them.  I do believe love and peace are the ways to heaven on earth; I think that is what God intends for us.


Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid. -John 14:27

No comments:

Post a Comment