Wednesday, April 20, 2011

favorite things - cloth diapers

We try to live as green as we can.  Although I'm sure my footprint is much bigger than many of the green mama's blogging around, I try my best and try to do my part and be aware of my actions.  One way we stay green with a new baby is cloth diapering.  Which is much less intimidating than you'd think. 
Right now my favorite cloth diapers for J-bug are his Knickernappies One-size diaper with the LoopyDo insert!  These are a pocket diaper.  You have the cover which actually has a pocket where you slide in whatever will absorb the things that com out.
Here are some reasons why I love them (you can get on their site to see more reasons why they're great too):
-adjustable rise so you can use the same diaper as the baby grows
-trim - I think fluff is cute but it's hard to handle when you're trying to fit clothes over cloth diapers
-inserts are very absorbent and you get 2 sizes so you can use the other for other pocket diapers or double them up
-snaps: side are easy to access, he can't undo them, they don't get caught on other laundry like aplex
-fun colors


My other favorite thing is Tiny Bubbles to wash these great diapers (there are many places to purchase)!  I ordered some samples from Kelly's Closet (love buying from this place and they have great information on their blog and Facebook site) and discovered this stuff is amazing.  When I open the laundry it has a totally neutral odor.  I am finally running low on detergent for my cloth diapers and will be ordering this soon!  Wow, you know you've arrived to motherhood when you're excited about detergent.
Email me if you have questions about CDing!  I plan on working on a guide that worked for me.  I know there are tons out there but I have found it all overwhelming and think streamlining some of that information might be helpful to others.  Cloth diapering is a fun hobby while you do the Earth some good and save some $!

No comments:

Post a Comment